Who's ready for some more 2022 Fantasy Football Action! I know I am, and in this article I'm going to be breaking down each of my starts and avoids for Week 6 of the NFL Season.
Also, if you want to get in on the action at Underdog Fantasy, with Best Ball, Player Pick'ems and more, use my code "ANALYST" and match your first deposit up to $100!
Rather than going with the easy picks for starts and avoids, I try and focus on important decisions that fantasy managers actually need to make. Must starts and obvious sits within reason will not be on my lists.
A START is a suggested lineup move based on matchup, and an AVOID is quite the opposite. It is NOT a must enforce. So if I recommend avoiding Josh Jacobs, and the only player you have to replace him is someone like Chuba Hubbard, use your judgement and realize that a backup who won't see touches is not a better option than a starting RB.
That being said, lets win some leagues! 🏆
🔥🔥🔥 ENO BENJAMIN @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - With both James Conner and Darrel Williams out for the foreseeable future, Benjamin has opportunity in front of him to be an absolute workhorse. Plus a matchup against the team allowing the 4th fantasy points to RBs is a nice plus. Expecting a big day from Eno!
🔥 DARRELL HENDERSON vs CAROLINA PANTHERS - Cam Akers has been mysteriously ruled out this week due to "personal reasons". Which we now know has nothing to do with personal reasons at all. Hendy should get most, if not all the work in this matchup against one of the worst teams in the league on their 4th String QB.
🔥🔥🔥 RHAMONDRE STEVENSON @ CLEVELAND BROWNS - Now that Damien Harris has been ruled out, StevenSZN is upon us! He lead all RBs with a 90% snap rate last week and saw 27 touches. Expect a big game against a bottom 5 run defense.
🔥🔥 CHRISTIAN KIRK @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - After putting up a dud last week, Doug Pederson came out and said; “You don’t ever want to be in a situation where he has 3 or 4 targets. He needs to be up there— 9, 10, 11 targets.” Which is extremely encouraging, and I'm expecting him to bounce back in a close divisional matchup.
🔥 DEVIN DUVERNAY @ NEW YORK GIANTS - In Bateman's absence last week, Duvernay compiled 5/7 for 54 Yards and an additional 24 Yards of rushing. A season high in targets and total yards. Which I expect to continue as he operates as the teams #2 Target next to Mark Andrews against a depleted Giants secondary.
- DEON JACKSON vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS ; Now both Nyheim Hines and Jonathan Taylor have been ruled out, which puts Deon Jackson, who saw 58% of the offensive snaps and 17 Opportunities in a good spot to put up some points. Even if it's just volume based.
- DARIUS SLAYTON vs BALTIMORE RAVENS ; A bad secondary gets WORSE with now Marcus Williams out with a dislocated wrist. Darius Slayton over the last two weeks has seen his snaps increase significantly, while Kenny Golladay and others continue to get healthier (or in Toney's case more injured). After leading the team with a 25.9% Target Share there's a chance Slayton gets some additional looks against the Ravens.
- TAYSOM HILL vs CINCINNATI BENGALS ; After breaking the Fantasy Football World last week, the team did say they wanted to continue to involve Taysom as much as possible, and with MT, Jarvis, Winston, and possibly Olave out, they may need to lean on some special talent again. Huge boom or bust option yet again if you are desperate.
🛑 RUSSELL WILSON @ LOS ANGELES CHARGERS - "bRoNcOs CoUnTrY, lEtS rIdE!", or let's not against the Chargers defense on Monday night. We've seen enough of Russ in primetime to know that he's just not that guy this season. Chargers have some playmakers on defense and Wilson is going to be under a LOT of pressure.
🛑🛑 EZEKIEL ELLIOT @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - This list wouldn't be complete without my usual reminder to sit Zeke. The Eagles are the best team in the entire league right now, and that's not the kind of matchup that Zeke can take advantage of. Not worth starting him.
🛑 NAJEE HARRIS vs TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - After being outsnapped by undrafted free agent Jaylen Warren, it's not easy to assume that Harris will come through for fantasy owners against a stout Tampa Bay Defense. His involvement is the pass game isn't there and neither is my faith in him for fantasy.
🛑 ELIJAH MOORE @ GREEN BAY PACKERS - Too many mouths to feed, and too much ball distribution to make any of these receivers worth the play. Moore specifically is someone I was a fan of with Zach Wilson, but that doesn't seem the case early on.
🛑 DRAKE LONDON vs SAN FRANSISCO 49ERS - Not only is Charvarius Ward the 6th Best Cover CB in the entire league, but London also has strung together matchups of 3.7 and 7.5 Fantasy Points over the last two weeks. Arthur Smith is committed to the run game and proved that by running 14 Times... in a ROW last week.
- MILES SANDERS vs DALLAS COWBOYS ; I don't hate Sanders, but Hurts is going to have to air it out in this matchup, and Sanders hasn't been too much on the receiving end of those passes. Plus Hurts loves to take it himself on the goal-line.
- CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE vs BUFFALO BILLS ; CEH fell down hard after turning 9 Carries into 15 Yards last week, and he's been outsnapped by Jerick McKinnon every single week. This isn't a good matchup to take advantage of.
- JAYLEN WADDLE vs MINNESOTA VIKINGS ; The matchup is actually pretty good, but I don't trust Skylar Thomspon to get him the ball consistently enough to satisfy you for fantasy.
If a player you are curious about was NOT mentioned in this article, I review every fantasy relevant player in EVERY matchup in the video below! I also answer ALL comments exclusively on YouTube as long as you subscribe! :)
Good Luck as always, and I'll see you back here for Week 7! 😉