Let's dive into some WEEK SEVEN action!
START - Tee Higgins vs CLE
Since becoming the starter in Week 3, Higgins has averaged 15.7 PPG and that’s with only scoring in Week 3, and having a share of tough matchups along the way. Without Mixon, Burrow is going to need to air out, and in an easier matchup, I expect Higgins to benefit.
START - Todd Gurley vs DET
In the first week without Dan Quinn, Gurley had 23 Touches. It didn’t exactly translate into a big game, but he is now going against a Detroit defense that has allowed the 4th most fantasy points to RBs.
START - Ronald Jones II @ LV
After back to back 100 Yard weeks, Rojo finds himself in another favorable matchup against a Vegas defense that has allowed the MOST fantasy points to RB on the season! With added COVID issues for the Raiders, game script should be in his favor. Even with Fournette back.
START - Christian Kirk vs SEA
After missing Week 3 against Detroit, Kirk has averaged 15.4 PPG and now has favorable matchup against Seattle who has allowed the MOST fantasy points to WRs this season! Murray will need to air out and it’s worth taking a shot with Kirk!
START - T.J. Hockenson @ ATL
Atlanta on the season has been awful against covering TEs, and just awful at defense in general. Hockenson has TDs in back to back games and has clearly gained the trust of Stafford in the redzone. This game has a high total and I expect Hockenson to continue his streak.
- Justin Jackson vs JAC; Jacksonville has very awful at defending RBs so far this season. It’s not 100% if JJ will remain the guy, or if they will give rookie RB Joshua Kelley the nod. But regardless, both are worth a shot in this matchup.
- Darren Fells vs GB; Jordan Akins is dealing with a concussion and a high ankle sprain. In his absence, Fells was a Top 5 TE last week, and in a game with the highest point total, it’s very possible he pulls it off again.
- *Jamaal Williams and A.J. Dillon @ HOU; If Aaron Jones is out, which it’s trending towards that way, both Williams and Dillon have a lip-smacking matchup waiting for them. But more so Dillon, Matt LaFleur said the team feels “confident” in Dillon if Jones were to miss Sunday’s game..
SIT - Le’Veon Bell @ KC
This is not so much the matchup, but more so we don’t even know his role on the team or how adjusted to the offense he will be. Safe bet to hold on your bench.
SIT - Gardner Minshew @ LAC
Minshew has been on and off (mostly off) this year when it comes to performance. But the Chargers have had two weeks to prepare for this game, and their defense has been very good. Minshew is a top 10 QB for fantasy right now, but I don’t like his chances on the road.
SIT - Juju Smith-Schuster @ TEN
Since the emergence of rookie WR Chase Claypool, it’s almost like Juju doesn’t exist. If you have any Juju shares, you’ve probably contemplated sitting him for weeks now. With Diontae coming back, this is the team to cut ties and throw him on your bench.
SIT - Michael Gallup @ WAS
This one should be fairly obvious, but Gallup has been so boom or bust this year, and although this matchup is good on paper, my bet would be he gets the short end of the stick (again).
SIT - Jarvis Landry @ CIN
Great matchup, and with Austin Hooper out, it is tempting. But Jarvis is playing through an injury and this could easily be an OBJ or Kareem Hunt running game.
- Jerick McKinnon @ NE; McKinnon will likely be the RB1a within a potential committee with Hasty and/or Wilson. But unlike the first few weeks, the 49ers have a full array of weapons with Kittle, Deebo, and Aiyuk. They don’t HAVE to run the offense through McKinnon. Plus NE has not been kind to opposing RBs.
- Giovani Bernard vs CLE; Cleveland has a good DL, and Bernard is not Mixon. He’s going to need some passing volume to get the job done. He could salvage 10 points I’m sure, but don’t put your expectations too much higher than that.