WEEK 8 STARTS AND SITS!
- John Brown vs PHI. Not only do the Eagles have the worst secondary in the league, but this isn’t a defense you can run against, so expect Josh Allen to be forced to pass. Also, Brown has stayed relevant the entire season and has averaged almost 8 Targets a game.
- Devonta Freeman vs SEA. Seattle is a bottom half team when it comes to defending the run, but this is more of an opportunity start rather than a matchup start. With Ito Smith out and Mohamed Sanu no longer in the picture we could definitely see more pass and rush volume for Freeman. Also, when Freeman has 15 or more touches in a game, he averages 18.8 PPG (PPR), and with less than 15 Touches he averages 6 PPG (PPR).
- Corey Davis vs TB. There’s a lot to feel good about with Corey Davis moving forward, one being that Davis finally had a good fantasy outing thanks to Ryan Tannehill. He saw 7 Targets last week and he now faces a TB Defense that has allowed over 300 Passing Yards per game this season. A.J. Brown is also a decent start if you are in need of a WR..
- Ty Johnson vs NYG. It is now Saturday and the Lions have yet to make any additional roster moves as far as the RB Position (other than promoting Paul Perkins to the active roster). So it seems Johnson is in a good spot this week for volume, and he’s got a great matchup against a Giants defense that has allowed the 7th Most Rush YDs per game this year. Also, after KJ got hurt Ty Johnson received a large majority of the remaining work (64% of Totsl Snaps).
OTHER STARTS; Matthew Stafford vs NYG, Mike Williams @ CHI, Allen Robinson vs LAC, LeSean McCoy vs GB (Desperate), Jonnu Smith vs TB (Desperate), Kenny Stills vs OAK (Desperate).
- Joe Mixon @ LAR. Traveling from East to West to take on the NFC Champions from just a year ago, the Bengals face another potential blowout loss. The Rams defense has looked a lot better with Jalen Ramsey and it’s just hard to trust Mixon anymore, especially with his starting LT (Cordy Glenn) still out.
- Odell Beckham Jr. @ NE. OBJ has put together some bad games on easier matchups than this one. Also, Stephon Gilmore has been the definition of a shutdown corner. If there’s one thing the Patriots do best, it's taking away your best weapon. I will say because OBJ is a stud, I wouldn’ sit him if you don’t have another plausible option.
- Matt Breida vs CAR. This is not going to be business as usual for the 49ers against the Panthers. One of their toughest matchups yet and the Panthers have the advantage coming off a bye week. In a closer game, SF loses its huge time of possession advantage which not only means less opportunity, but with Coleman seeing 20+ Touches over the last two weeks it’s just not easy to trust Breida unless it’s a good enough matchup, which it isn’t..
- Frank Gore vs PHI. The Eagles have been very stout against the run, allowing under 90 Yards per game to RBs. Also, with Singletary healthy and back in the mix, it takes some opportunity away from the “bellcow” role Gore saw early on.
OTHER SITS; Baker Mayfield @ NE, Carlos Hyde vs OAK, D.J. Moore @ SF.